Magnetic Levtation with MATLAB/Simulink
Maglev Plus System
The Maglev Plus System is specifically designed to levitate various objects attached to a very strong disc magnet. It can levitate up to 25 g additional mass. The vertical position of the levitating magnet is measured using a linear Hall effect sensor and the current in the electromagnet is controlled using a microcontroller. The system has three push buttons to configure the system to achieve stable levitation with different additional weights. Two of the push buttons are used to change the controller parameters and the third one is used to save the current controller parameters into the nonvolatile flash memory of the microcontroller.
- Maximum additional (non-magnetic) mass: 25 g
- Maximum gap distance: 2.5 cm with 0 g additional weight
- Power supply: 100 − 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz, AC input, 7.5 V, 1 A, DC output with USA or European plug type
- Size: ~ 2.5" x 2.5" x 6.0" (6.35 cm x 6.35 cm x 15.24 cm)
- Weight: ~ 1.0 lb (0.5 kg)